Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m currently preparing for my trip to Lebanon and am excited to begin regularly blogging on the trip. Please sign up now to receive updates via email every time I post while in Lebanon. In the mean time, I thought I’d share the reading list that was provided by NCUSAR. I requested all of these books from the library and am slowly making my way through them before the trip. The ones that I don’t finish before the trip, I hope to read when I get back.
- Pity the Nation: The Abduction of Lebanon by Robert Fisk
- Spirit of the Phoenix: Beirut and the Story of Lebanon by Tim Llewellyn
- Lebanon: A House Divided by Sandra Mackey
- The Hills of Adonis: A Journey in Lebanon by Colin Thubron
- A History of Modern Lebanon by Fawwaz Traboulsi
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran — Currently reading this one and loving it so far!
- Inside Lebanon: Journey to a Shattered Land with Noam and Carol Chomsky by Assaf Kfoury
- House of Stone: A Memoir of Home, Family, and a Lost Middle East by Anthony Shadid